Re: leaded "plastic"

>i have a researcher who wants to use leaded plexiglass for an
>x-ray shield in a device he's building.  i can find leaded
>glass,  but am having difficulty finding leaded   PLEXIGLASS.
>
>can someone provide me with a potential source?

Paul,

We have a 5'x 7' sheet we use to separate our x-ray simulator
from the control area.  It's been there for more than 10
years and has stood the test of time quite well.  There are
also portable x-ray shields scattered throughout the hospital
that are of the same material.  We purchased them from Nuclear
Associates.  At the time, it was more expensive than leaded
glass.

Good luck!

Carl

--
Carl Landis                        ad198@yfn.ysu.edu
Medical Physics Dept.              216-740-4409