Re: Special Session - Computer Applicati

We MAY want to take this discussion off the listserver - but what do you
mean by ASCII plotting output??

Do you mean plots that just put characters on a page using printer
resolution - roughly 10 char/in by 6 lines/in???

OR that plot for ASCII files

OR that can print PERIOD.

BTW - if it DOES print to screen - why not just use a graphics printscreen?

Anyhow - there are TONS of this kind of stuff in shareware - both the
plotting software and the graphic print screen (not to mention that, as of
DOS 5 DOS, PRINT does this too!!).

I have MOST of what is out there in shareware plotting programs.

If you mean they make plots from ascii files - I HIGHLY recommend REDWOOD
DRAW - a DOS clone of the mainframe TOPDRAWER program.

Also XYPLOT is an EXCELLENT plotting program to make WORKING plots - ie.
studying data - not presentation quality.

In any event - once we decide WHAT you want - or even if you or others here
want it ALL - I can make it available via anonymous FTP.  I am SURE Hector
can get it from there and put it on the BBS too.

XYPLOT is already there and REDWOOD DRAW will be there as soon as I finish
this message.

Just anonymous FTP to ehssun1.lbl.gov
(use YOUR network ID as a password)

When in - cd to tdcpub

Then cd to the appropriate sub dir XYPLOT or REDWOOD - or later if more is
requested PLOTS or UTILS - or browse around and grab anything you find
interesting.

REMEMBER THESE ARE BINARY FILES - So set FTP accordingly.