Re: Decon on Uranium storage cabinet

What is the dose rate? _outside_ the cabinet? is somebody going to be
"living" in (at least next to?) the cabinet? How does this compare with
working in a granite building?

Is it me, or do we seem to be losing a sense of proportion and reality in
the effort to chase (and spend valuable resources on) small "pockets" of
radiation irrelevant to the natural bath of radiation we are all living in.
Even if the "linear no-threshold" model were not a conservative model,
spending resources on exposures at small fractions of natural does not seem
reasonable.

Regards,

Jim M