1994 "Big Ten" RSO Conference

"Hard Copies" of this registration information were mailed today.  If you
are interested and don't receive a packet, please contact me.  If you
know of others who might be interested please share this with them.  We
look forward to seeing you in August.

                        1994 BIG TEN RSO CONFERENCE
                           MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN
                             AUGUST 1-3, 1994

Dear Colleague:

The University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee and the Medical College
of Wisconsin are pleased to host the 1994 Big 10 RSO Conference
on August 1-3, 1994.  The meetings will be held at the Alumni
Center on the Medical College of Wisconsin campus, beginning at
8:30 am Monday and concluding around 11:30 Wednesday.  The
registration fee of $60.00 will  include the costs of facilities,
breaks, continental breakfasts, lunches, and our evening banquet
at the Milwaukee County Zoo.

We look forward to your joining us to share in the exchange of
outlooks and insights that is the purpose of these meetings.  We
have arranged  "keynote" addresses by Paul Ziemer and William
Hendee as well as speakers from the Midwest LLRW Commission,
Wisconsin Electric Power, Landauer, Canberra Instruments, and
State Radiation Protection.  Additionally, we have commitments
from over a dozen vendors to display the latest in equipment and
supplies.

The input of veterans and newcomers to campus radiation safety is
needed.  The strength of these gatherings is your interest in
each other's efforts toward practical radiation protection.
Please let us know of topics that you would like to see discussed
and indicate on the registration sheet topics that you or your
staff would be interested in presenting to the group.

Milwaukee offers a range of activities in the summer so feel free
to make this a family time.  If you would like to extend your
visit to the city, German Fest, one of Milwaukee's lakefront
ethnic festivals, will be held July 30-31 and the 102nd Annual
Wisconsin State Fair begins August 4th.  If you would like
information on sites and activities within the area just let us
know so that information can be forwarded to you.

A registration form and other information on accommodations
within the area is enclosed.  If you have any comments or
questions do not hesitate to contact either of us.

Sincerely:

Sharron Stenjem Daly                    Ralph Grunewald
Radiation Safety Officer                Radiation Safety Officer
Environmental Health & Safety           Office Radiation Safety
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee     Medical College of Wisc.
P.O. Box 413                            8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53201                     Milwaukee, WI  53226
(414) 229-4275                          (414) 257-6540
e-mail:  sdaly@csd4.csd.uwm.edu

ACCOMMODATIONS

There are several hotels within 5 minutes driving time from the
Medical College.  Rooms have been reserved (July 31 - August 2)
and special rates arranged at the following hotels:

The Sheraton Mayfair Inn
2303 N. Mayfair Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 257-3400
$49.00 single/$59.00 double +12.5% tax
Ask for rooms/rates reserved for "Big Ten Radiation Safety"
Rooms held until:  June 30, 1994

Quality Inn Milwaukee - West
210 N. Mayfair Road
Milwaukee, WI  53226
(414) 771-4400 or (800) 531-3965
$42.00 single/$52.00 double + 12.5% tax
Ask for rooms/rates reserved for "Big Ten RSO"
Rooms held until:  July 15, 1994

Information on other accommodations within the area are outlined
in the enclosed pamphlet.

MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS

We will be serving lunch Monday and Tuesday at Medical College
Facilities.  If you have any special dietary restrictions please
let us know so that we can accommodate your special needs.

We are making arrangements to conclude the conference around
11:30 Wednesday.  For those who may still be in the area
Wednesday afternoon or others who might be interested, we are
planning a tour of the Miller Brewery facilities at 1:30
Wednesday.  More information on these plans will be included in
the agenda packets.

If you will be bringing your family or other guests with you, we
have made arrangements for them to have access to the Milwaukee
County Zoo during the day on Tuesday before the evening banquet.
If you will be bringing a guest to the evening banquet please
include a check for $21.00 to cover the cost of their meal.   If
you have any questions please contact us.

                             REGISTRATION FORM
                          1994 BIG 10 RSO MEETING
                           MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN

NAME:

TITLE:

INSTITUTION:

ADDRESS:

CITY:                              STATE:          ZIP:

BUSINESS PHONE:                     FAX:

     I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A PRESENTATION

     TITLE:

     ESTIMATED LENGTH OF PRESENTATION:

     SPECIAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED:

          OVERHEAD PROJECTOR

          SLIDE PROJECTOR

          VCR

          OTHER (SPECIFY):

REGISTRATION FEE:  $60.00

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO:  BTRSO-Medical College of Wisconsin

Send registration form with payment to:
               Sharron Stenjem Daly
               University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
               Radiation Safety Program