Re: Scint Counting

Fido-To: romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!fs.isu.edu!bus

greetings, my response to your question is a question ;-) .....

 r> be able to help me with. Question - Anyone use liquid scint counting
 r> for alpha, primarily for source swipe-leak checks.  Problem -  We
 r> were going to try, so we made up some Am-241 standards, 50 and 100

why do you want to use LSC for LONG LIVED ALPHA.... seems like you're
creating a very undesirable waste: transuranic organic liquids.... why
not count your leak test smears w/ a proportional counter?

curious,
john brandon
safety officer / uiuc health physics
--- Maximus-CBCS v1.02
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Check Source BBS (1:233/13)
--
HPS - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)