Re: Anybody home?

Phil,

I was the one that made the offhand reference to the expense of homebrew.
We also spent about 1.5 to 2 years in development.  It was all written by
me.  It took a major part of my time for that period.  So plug in the
applicable professional salary for a cost estimate of what it cost us to get
started.  Add in the software and upgrade costs and you start to get into
scary numbers.  Well elsewhere anyway, our pay scales might not be as high
as HPS salary surveys would indicate. %=)  The rewrite is about 2 months
of programming, but it isn't really costing anything since it is mostly
nights and weekends. 8^)

Dale