Re: DECAY-IN-STORAGE

          We are currently decaying our 32P aqueous waste for
          disposal.  We have found that using a 5 gallon carboy makes
          for a good storage container.  They are small enough to
          handle easily and yet large enough to be efficient storage
          containers.  The carboys are stored on shelves for a year
          before disposal and then sampled to insure there is no
          activity.  We are also looking into storing our dry 32P
          waste.  We have thought using cardboard storage boxes in a
          portable cargo-tainer would be a cost and space efficient
          method.  If you have any more question drop me a line.

          Gene Forrer
          forrere@ccmail.orst.edu