Re: Public Education

I seems to me that perhaps the HPS should have these sort of things for
us. The different sections have the expertice in all the different areas
where such documents are needed. OR perhaps we need to take the
information from the Position staements and add some examples and data to
them to make it more educational for the "General Public". I also think
that the society needs respond to these incidents as a representative of
the profession as a whole. An example would be the Dry cask Storage
question in Minnesota. The national Society should have put out some
sort of position statement, not just the North Central Chapter. Its all
well and good to have us doing public relations on the national scene,
but what about the local stuff that will eventually affect us nationally.
I wisconsin we are now about to revisit this whole dry cask storage thing
with Wisconsin Electric Power Company - New state, Same issue......

Well I guess its time for a letter to Gen Roessler....

Pat Beyer
Medical College of Wisconsin