Tritium stack sampling

Fido-To: romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!uclink2.berkel

In a msg on <Jul 22 02:16>, romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!uclink2.berkel of 1:233/13 writes:

 r> We will probably face the problem of tritium stack sampling in
 r> order to verify that our releases will be below the state
 r> limits.  We anticipate that the tritium will be mostly in a
 r> pure gas form (not tritiated water or organically bound
 r> tritium).  The expected daily releases are about 2-5
 r> microcuries; however, there would be incidental releases up
 r> to 5-50 millicuries of tritium.  The air flow is 52,000 cfm.
 r>

It would be a total waste of money to do air sampling if your numbers as stated
above are correct.  Calculations alone will show that the releases are trivial.
--- msgedsq 2.1a
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Cloud Chamber BBS, LurkNET HUB 217-684-2081 (1:233/15)
--
HPS - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)