surveying ash

Fido-To: romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!wmvx.dn

Tuesday August 23 1994, romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!wmvx.dnet.dupo writes to Hps:

 reu> A researcher at the University of Washington, Dr. Thomas A. Standaert (an
 reu> animal physiologist) did a number of studies testing the stability of
 reu> radio- active microspheres. These studies put a number of these "beads"
 reu> through temperatures up to 800 degrees C (higher than typical
 reu> incinerators). These results were very encouraging for the reduction of
 reu> waste volume.

I don't know about anyone else, but we would probably be interested, as we have microspheres here.  Perhaps Dr. Standaert could put up a post here if enough people request it?

BTW, thanks to everyone who has so far responded to my request for info on the incinerator ash.  In particular, I wasn't able to send a thank-you to Eric Rogers, as the e-mail kept bouncing back at me. :-(

--- GoldED 2.40
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Check Source BBS - the HP Hangout (1:233/13)
--
HPS - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)