Nuclear Batteries

#1. I am interested in information--past and present--about
"nuclear batteries" or miniature radioisotopic power sources.  Of
particular interest are photographs, design sketches, product
lieterature, etc. for use in a publication.  Example: NASA
recently patented a tiny battery design using so-called
betavoltaic materials, etc.  Past efforts: In the 1960s, the
Elgen Watch Co. (?) was working on a tiny atomic battery for use
in watches and home appliances including portable radios.
#2. I am also interested in anyone who could help me track down
information, prototype concepts re: radioisotope powered/heated,
deep-diving pressure suits (again from the 1960s).  This work may
have been conducted for the U.S. Navy (?).  Thank you.--Louis
Varricchio.  E-mail to: INET:Varricch@champlain.edu