Re: Nitrogen Generation Systems

> We are operating a TLD service that employs
>
>       2 Harshaw 6600 TLD readers,
>       a locally built automatic TLD reader,
>       an extremity TLD Reader,
>       and an ATLAS TLD reader.
>
> The demand for nitrogen to supply these readers has led us to consider
> purchasing a nitrogen generation system.
>
> We would like to hear from anyone who uses a nitrogen generator for supplying
> TLD readers.

This doesn't really address your question, but maybe it will help.  We
use a lot of nitrogen for various systems around our accelerator based
atomic collisions physics lab.  We used to go through several nitrogen
cylinders a week.  Then we "discovered" that the boil-off gas from our
liquid nitrogen tank was quite pure.  So now we have this boil-off gas
piped throughout the lab at about 15 psi.  It works great for us.
Last time I was at Chalk River (1992), I seem to remember a couple of
LN2 tanks on the grounds.  Are they close enough for you to pipe the
boil-off into your lab?

Tracy

Tracy N. Tipping                                Work: (913) 532-6782
Laboratory Safety Officer                       FAX:  (913) 532-6806
James R. Macdonald Laboratory                   Home: (913) 539-1378
Cardwell Hall                                   Amateur Radio: N0OEY
Kansas State University                         tipping@phys.ksu.edu
Manhattan, KS 66506-2604                        tipping@ksuvm.bitnet