Re: Rad. induced heart attacks

On Wed, 14 Sep 1994 JMUCKERHEIDE@delphi.com wrote:

> >But I
> >am astounded that any rational intelligent members of the University
> >community would make such allegations; what do they teach their
> >students??!!!
>
> >Good luck.
>
> >Ron Kathren
>
> Yes. Even in the "university community"!

Unfortunately, Jim is right.  Recently a student in the nuclear
engineering program here at Worcester Polytech. had told me of a
humanities professor that lectured on the 10's of thousands of deaths
that resulted and continue to result throughout Ukraine and parts of
Europe due to Chernobyl.  Efforts to explain the facts to this person
were fruitless.  And this is an engineering school!  Imagine
what is being taught at liberal arts colleges!  No wonder the U.S.
nuclear industry is being over-regulated to extinction.

L. Bobek,
Director WPI Reactor