Re: Rad. induced heart attacks

>> >But I
>>   >am astounded that any rational intelligent members of the University
>>   >community would make such allegations; what do they teach their
>>   >students??!!!
>>
>>   Yes. Even in the "university community"!
>>
> Imagine what is being taught at liberal arts colleges!

I can't speak for all liberal arts colleges.  But I think the faculty here
are largely pretty fair about such things.  The Freshman Orientation
theme from two years ago was "SEZ WHO?", indicating (perhaps) our desire to
teach these kids to continually question and learn for themselves, rather
than simply agree with the PhD (until _after_ they've discovered that the
Ph.D. was right, after all...).

Seems to me that schools that don't teach this philosophy are shorting
their students, but I'm no Dean of the College.

John

*John DeLaHunt, EH&S      *The Colorado College       *
*jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu*1125 Glen Avenue           *
*hazmat-owner@csn.org     *Colorado Springs, CO  80905*
*VOX: (719)389-6678       *FAX: (719)635-3177         *
    This information is worth what you paid for it
            and is hereby disclaimed.