Moderator Message

Hi folks!  I don't do these moderator things too often because I believe in
letting the list have it's own life.  However, it *is* time for me to post a
gentle reminder concerning etiquette.  Those of you who may be knew to the
information superhypeway should note the following:

Every message you post gets exploded into more than 360 copies distributed
around the world.  Please keep this in mind when quoting text from previously
posted messages.  Some of the quoting is getting rather verbose lately and this
eats up disk space on everybody's systems.

It is also desirable to respond to the list only when you have something to say
which will be of interest to most of the subscribers of the list.  It is
usually best to send personal replies and quips through email to the original
poster.  As the list grows in popularity, the signal-to-noise ratio is bound to
decrease.  Please help keep the signal strong by not posting trivial messages
to the list.

Cordially,

Hector Mandel, CHP
RADSAFE moderator

---

      Hector Mandel, Manager of Systems Services  | (217) 244-7237
      OCCSS, CCSO - Computing                     | h-mandel@uiuc.edu
      University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  | pager 53171
      http://oxbox.cso.uiuc.edu/hector.html       |