Update: Rad. Induced Heart Attack

Fellow Radsafe Netters:
   I thought I would update everyone on my dilemma regarding proof that
low level exposure to radiation does not induce heart attacks.  I would
first like to start off with thanking everyone who sent messages of advice.
Everything was very useful in planning my response.
   Note above that I only got to plan a response.  It appears that the
department involved had a hidden adjenda.  They wanted extensive indoor
air quality measurements done and saw this as a prime opportunity to
push their case.  At a meeting to discuss various causes that could
account for the two deaths, there was a loud voice calling for IAQ testing.
The moderator reminded the participants that they were there to discuss
the circumstances surrounding the deaths.  Most individuals conceded that
both individuals were candidates for heart attacks and dropped the issue.
So it appears that they never really felt that radiation induced heart
attacks, but felt they could get extensive air testing if they drew some
type of connection to the air.
   Again thanks to every one who sent suggestions.  At least now I'm ready
for the next time.

Ed Wilds
Radiation Safety Manager
The University of Connecticut