Re: Tracking Exempt Sources

Yes, we do. We're not an NRC regulated facility, but the NRC facilities I have
been at also controlled exempt quantities.  We usually get attaboys for going
over and above. (as long as the program works well)  I draw the line on
"consumer products" and things that are otherwise covered under some other
license.  I think the distinction should be based on this: Does the source
receive direct handling, (which could damage it and/or cause spread of
contamination) and is it used as a RADIATION SOURCE.  This may seem stupid at
first, but what I mean is is the source used directly for purposes of causing a
response of an instrument or delivering dose to something versus stimulating
light emission in an exit sign.

This message is disclaimed.