Re: Caution vs. Danger vs. Warning

Pat Beyer writes:

>We have been using the following verbage to label areas where X-ray
>machines and X-ray Diffractors are used

"           Caution
	This room contains
      Equipment that produces
       X-rays when Energized"

>We feel it meets the Wisconsin HSS requirements. We Don't use the
>Radiation Symbol so confused (read stupid) people don't think that it is
>posted as a restricted area for use of unsealed sources.

	Question(s):

(1) Don't the reg's "require" the use of the rad symbol on such a posting?
(2) The words on the sign are supposed to prevent the confusion you mentioned,
aren't they? (3) Why are you worried about the confused (stupid) people that
might misinterpret the sign; are they the ones who will use the unsealed
sources (I hope not), or are you just concerned with not giving them the wrong
impression about the hazards in the room?  If it's the first thing, you have my
sympathy, if it's the second thing, then I'm back to question 2.