Re: rad outreach programs

Jim --

What else is the ash, if not the soil?  Or the remains of the soil.  That
nothwithstanding, I again refer you to the paper by Soldat et al. in
Science and to and earlier paper by Fruchter et al., also in Science
which should provide you with the data that you desire.  And,  I
believe the Hanford environmental surveillance report for 1980 also
contained much data.  In any event, the data are in fact out there.
I also call your attention to the Ra-226 decay scheme, which, until
Pb-210 is reached, are all short lived and would quickly decay away.

Ron Kathren