Career in Medical/Health Physics

Hello all,

	I am a doctoral student in Physics (Optics/Laser Physics)
	at Georgia Institute of Technology.  My expected date of
	graduation in June 1995.  I am very interested in pursuing
	a career in applying physics is the health/medical arena.

	If you have any insight into the following questions below
	please let me know:
	1.	Postdoctoral/entry-level positions in health physics
		in clinical, industrial, or research environments.
		Because my husband and children are here in Atlanta,
		opportunities in Atlanta are preferred.
	2.	Professional organizations which may provide interactions
		with other health/medical physicists.  I requested
		membership in the American Association of Physicists
		in Medicine (AAPM) several months ago.  However I was
		told that I did not meet the requirements for student
		membership because I was not in a recognized Health/
		Medical Physics program.
	3.	Post doc/entry level positions at Emory University,
		the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, or
		any other institution which employs health/medical
		physicists in Georgia
	4.	Postdoc fellowships in this area.
	5.	Info on how to find a post doc advisor in the area
	6.	I'm aware that Oak Ridge National Labs and DOE supports
		this science through various post-doc and grant
		opportunities.  How do I find a suitable project to
		work on and where (in Atlanta) such that I may
		receive this support?
	Any insight into these questions would be greatly appreciated.

				Thanking you in advance,

					Zelda Gills