Re: New license questions

>>"a sealed source or detector cell received from another person shall
>>  not be put into use until tested". What is a 'detector cell'?
>>

> This most often refers to the Electron Capture Detector (ECD) cells found
> in some Gas Chromatographs.  Most contain Ni63 foil; Varian's have 8 mCi
> new, Hewlett-Packard's have 15 mCi new.  There are other brands, with
> other activities.  Most are generally licensed, so you just have to keep
> your eyes open for them.
> Reliable sources assure me that Beckman ECD cells have no radioactive
> material.

Really?  Cool.  Can these fit into HP GC's?

Anyone have a source (as it were) for the Beckman ECD's?

John

*John DeLaHunt, EH&S      *The Colorado College       *
*jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu*1125 Glen Avenue           *
*hazmat-owner@csn.org     *Colorado Springs, CO  80905*
*VOX: (719)389-6678       *FAX: (719)635-3177         *
    This information is worth what you paid for it
            and is hereby disclaimed.

Airbag Protection System:  TV remote when Rush Limbaugh is on.