Re: Repairing an alpha beta counter

Gary- This response comes a little late about repairs to alpha-beta
counter.  We have a Tennelec LB5100 that had very same problems.  We took
it apart, which was no easy job,  to look at the detector. It was fine.
We hooked up a new cylinder of P-10 gas and now it works fine again. Tennelec
Technical  services said that bad mixture of gas can cause these problems.  It
worked for us, so far.  Check your gas supply is my advice.

LYNN B. DOBBS
RADIATION SAFETY OFFICE
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
D020219@UNIVSCVM
STANDARD DISCLAIMER---THESE OPINIONS ARE NOT
NECESSARILY THE OPINIONS OF THIS INSTITUTION.