Re: Shoe store fluoro units??

John --

Despite my youth, I cut my health physics teeth on shoe fitting
fluoroscopes in Los Angeles.  We could not legally ban them outright
because of a quirk inb the law that had to do with practicioners of the
healing arts -- eg a shoe store could have hired a practicioner and thus
legally used these devices.  However, the industry itself wanted to get
rid of them.  It's a long story, and if you are interested, please call
me at 509-375-5643.

But to continue briefly with respect to your question, I believe the PHS
did some good studies of the output and doses associated with these
machines, possibly under the direction of Henry Rechen.  Dade Moeller or
John Villforth may be able to better recall.  Also, Marv Rosenstein may
be of some help.  If you wish to do such studies, we have on display in
our library a potentially operable museum quality unit.

Ron