Re: Mammography Doses

Comments on Sue Dupre's question:

It's not a female/male thing.  In my 30+ years in RP, I have yet to meet
an x-ray technologist who can estimate the entrance, shallow, or deep
dose to the volume being irradiated during diagnostic procedures.  Since
I've never been involved in therapy, I don't have a reference point for
those procedures.

It's been a while since I looked at the parameters for a mammogram, so my
estimates probably don't reflect current practice.  However, about 100
microSv was the usual estimate.

Rich Oesterling
ogr@inel.gov
208-526-3757