Disposal of radioactive animal carcasses

       Since those of us in California have no disposal site available, I
       am trying to find out some information on the disposal of
       radioactive animal carcasses.  Understanding that below the 0.05
       uCi/gm they do not have to be classified as radioactive, but what
       if the animal has a higher concentration than that?  I have heard
       that some people have been grinding the animals in an industrial
       garbage disposal and sewering them as liquid waste.  Is this an
       acceptable means for disposal?  What other options are available?

       Thanks
       Jon Dillon
       RSO
       Ligand Pharmaceuticals