Re: Mammography Doses

>Dr. Siegel's coments on other areas are quite apropos.  The last
>time the dealer changed the oil on your car, did you ask what
>weight oil was used?  I prefer 20W50 in the summer and 10W30 in the
>winter.  Whats your preference?

I use 10W30 year round.  Higher than 10W40 starts to cause more chemical
wear on the pistons than you get lubricant benefit.  And you can believe I
would be concerned if my mechanic didn't know what weight oil he used.
Which is to say that technical folks should know a little something about
the doses they are administering.  Not necessarily for individual
risk/benefit assessment but for the benefit of future generations who can
make meaningful statistical inferences if such data were kept in a
patient's file.  Without that kind of data, how will we know the risks?

bill
bkolb@arinc.com