Re[2]: Mammography Doses

          Something I forgot to include in my last monologue.  RT's
          and Radiologists are performing an invaluable service.
          However this service does require the application of a
          potential hazard, i.e. x-rays.  With the increased number of
          reported burns from improperly performed flouro exams it is
          not at all unreasonable for patients to expect and receive
          more information about what is being done to them and for
          them to expect for people who are performing these
          procedures to be able to provide that information.  It is
          because of this lack of knowledge (IMHO) and the
          resulting potential hazard to patients that has prompted my
          state to restrict RT's from performing flouro exams and
          require that even Radiologists prove their competency to
          operate such units.

          Gene Forrer