Xe-133 Trapping

1.  A number of commercial xenon traps have been manufactured for
use in trapping Xe-133 in nuclear medicine laboratories involving
various kinds of rebreathing systems.  I believe Atomic Products
still manufactures them.  Straight pump fed charcoal beds (usually
in U-shaped tubes) are also available.  These can be used to handle
fume hood exhaust streams when breaking Xe-133 gas ampoules for dose
preparations.  Johnston labs makes a nice xenon detection system
that we used to use to verify no breakthrough of xenon on the exhaust
end of the system.
The opions expressed above are those of the author alone and do not
not represent those of the Stanford University or the US Department
of Energy.