Course announcements- Reply

          Although I agree advertisement for profit on the net is
          inappropriate; perhaps leaving a phone number for further
          information is an alternative. Leave the pricing information
          to be discovered by those curious enough to make the phone
          call.(at that time they can voice their approval/disapproval
          verbally to the ad generator. ;) ) If the standard has been
          to not use the net for profit advertisement, it ought to
          stay that way. Period. Lest we prop the door open for net
          regulation by some bureaucratic body. We all have enough of
          those in our lives already. Agreed?

          Question: How would such an advertisement have been viewed
          if it were a response to a request for information? Such as
          for training videos which often appear on the net.

          T.Fox

          UCSD EHS

          Disclaimer- These are my opinions only.