RE: My apologies

>The following information may be relevant to the ongoing
>discussion I started when I posted course announcements on this
>list server.  ...
>
>I have mixed feelings about whether course announcements are
>appropriate on this network.  I think there are differences in
>internet servers that are based on professional interests
>compared to those that may appeal to the general public.

	BINGO. I think the above describes my feelings perfectly. I feel
	fine with blowing away somebody's access for posting a MAKE.MONEY.FAST
	message here, but saw nothing whatever wrong with the author's original
	posting.

	BTW, we went thru the same thing some years ago, trying to decide what
	was the line between commercial and not, for the Digital Equipment
	Computer Users Society Newletter. It didn't take much to come up
	with a 1 page FAQ-like sheet that gave a few "this is commercial, this
	is not" examples. I don't think it would take much to come up with a
	concencus out of this thread, and come up with a faq that gets sent
	to each new subscriber