My apologies

>I am impressed with how active
> this network is and it will take more than a few offensive
> messages to get me to cancel my subscription (provided I don't
> get kicked off).
>
> Clay French

Much ado about nothing!

The only constraint that should apply to "announcing" courses, conferences,
etc, should be that a few lines be distributed offering a source of additional
info. It's only outrageous when we get many screens of details about something
I care nothing about (especially how to make hotel reservations and driving
instructions!! :-)

These are just as bad from government or non-profit organizations as
"commercial" sources. The idea that a "for-profit" come-on is worse than a
"non-profit" shill is ludicrous and says more about the narrow mind of the
individual making the claim than anything about the merit of the use of the
Internet.

I am considering returning ALL voluminous announcements and conferences with a
no-thank-you message however, and encourage everyone to do the same. :-)

Regards, Jim