Re: Dosimetry Cost

     Tosh,

     As  I  (sort  of)  promised yesterday, I'll  reply  to  your
request for information - guess I was being lazy...

     I  work for the Navy.  Dosimeters are provided free of  cost
to  my command for distribution to personnel or places which meet
the  regulations  for  monitoring. Regulations  which  affect  my
facility  are primarily 10 CFR applicable, and the Department  of
the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED).

     So:
     Cost: $0 (except for my time - sigh!)
     Facility: Research
     # Badges issued/ quarter: 60 (+ or -)
     Type: Whole body TLD (4/holder -Li 6&7) and TLD extremity
     No   special   requirements,  except  for   exotic   neutron
     fields/fluxes - they want me to quantify the field(s).

     Note: The navy "does" want to know use: i.e. 1. deep photon,
2.  deep neutron, 3. deep photon;deep neutron, 4. shallow  photon
and/or  beta,  5.  shallow photon and/or beta;  deep  photon,  6.
shallow  photon and/or deep photon and deep neutron, 7. extremity
high energy photon - etc. etc... AND whether its a 1. control, 2.
posted,  3. area monitor, 4. unused nuclear propulsion (radiation
worker),  5. N.P.(non-radiation worker) (visitor), 7. weapons, 8.
medical  9. dental 10 nuclear med., 11. medical therapy, 12 gamma
radiographer,   13.   x-ray  radiography  and   14.   accelerator
radiography (> or< 10 MeV) 15. Radiac calibration, 16. industrial
research,     17.  research isotope or other - as if  there  were
anything else to consider...

     Hope this helps,

     Joel Baumbaugh
     NRaD

     Opinions  presented here reflect my own and not the  federal
governments.