Annual audits

I'd like to pick your brains concerning how your institutions plan to fulfil
the requirement for an annual audit (20.1101(c)).  We're reconsidering the
issue now that we've looked carefully at the most recent draft revision to
Reg. Guide 10.5 (Applying for a Broad Scope License) and its Section 10.4
which deals with Audit and Appraisals.

Are you having an external consultant do the audit?  If it's being done in-
ternally, who has responsibility for conducting it?  How long an audit do you
anticipate?  Comparable to an NRC inspection?  Will you look at different
things than an inspection typically covers?  Do you know of companies/consul-
tants available to either do the audit or design the audit?  How much money or
time does your management plan to spend on the audit?

I have a hard time believing that we're expected to commit really significant
amounts of time, manpower and money to an ANNUAL audit, but that's certainly
what is suggested to me by Reg Guide 10.5.

If you'd like to discuss this with me privately, please e-mail me at
dupre@pucc.princeton.edu or call me at (609)258-6252.

Thanks in advance for the perceptive, insightful, witty, illuminating, prag-
matic, down-to-earth, (and so on, and so on) help I hope to get from you all!

Sue Dupre/Health Physicist/Princeton University