Re: Annual audits

Sue:

Here is how we have addressed the annual audits at UW: Once a year, following a
regularly scheduled Radiation Safety Committee meeting, a subcommittee of the
RSC gets together with the RSO to go over the program. Regulatory Guide 10.5
(and the draft reg guide DG-0005 out for comment) suggest some topics for the
annual review in the appendix "Duties and Responsibilities of the Radiation
Safety Committee" and we pretty much follow that outline. The subcommittee
makes their report and recommendations at the next RSC meeting. In order to
involve "administrative officials outside the RSC" we invite the Vice President
for Finance to that meeting to discuss the audit. The whole process seems to be
effective without being too time-consuming.

Hope this helps,
Jim Herrold, U of Wyoming