RE: Annual audits

Sue,

	Each institution approaches this issue from different paths but
generally come to the same end point.  As Chairman of the RSC I assign
audit areas to subcommittes of the RSC.  All committee members have an
audit responsibility.  Additionally, I have an external auditor review
our program.  Forutnately, we are able to get the "consultant" for free,
since I have persons from other Military institutions review our license
and practices.

	The audits take a total of about 4 days...not full time.  The
external audit is completed in about 1 day.  The committee audits take
more of the RSO's office time since they come to look at parts of the
program in shifts.

	JERRY THOMAS
	CAPT, MSC, USN