Texas Position Opening - Preliminary Notice

This is a preliminary notice.  I've accepted a new job so I'll soon
(hopefully) be posting the job opening to replace me.

Position: Chief, Medical and Academic Program (MAP), Licensing
Branch, Texas Bureau of Radiation Control  (In Austin)

Reports to: Me.

Responsibilities:  Supervises MAP, which processes applications and
amendments to all (about 700) Texas academic and medical related
facilities.

Supervises: 2 License Reviewers; Program Secretary.

Salary: about 41K

Close Date: Not nearly soon enough.

Qualifications: Strong technical background, preferably in medical
and/or academic R&D.  Must be able to deal with a diverse
set of licensees.  Managerial experience preferred.  Should have
broad experience with the use of loose radioactive material.
Familiarity with the regulatory/licensing process strongly preferred.
Ability to keep me happy a very strong plus.

NOTE: Texas requires all job applications to be on the proper
bureaucratic document.  Resumes are worthless.  Call Jackie Guthrie
for application info (512) 834-6688.

Other info: you can contact me for more background particulars.

Wes

Disclaimer: All information subject to change.

Wesley M. Dunn, CHP, Administrator
Licensing Branch
Division of Licensing, Registration & Standards
Bureau of Radiation Control
Texas Department of Health
512-834-6688
wdunn@brc1.tdh.texas gov