Re: dose from beta emitters on skin

On 1/6/95, N. Montgomery wrote:

>Can anyone point me to a method for calculation of dose from beta emitters
>on the skin? (i.e., from contamination)
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Capt Noel D. Montgomery, USAF, BSC

Try VARSKIN for the PC.  The software documentation was published as NRC
NUREG/CR-5873.  For more information, contact Jim Durham (Pacific Northwest
Labs) at (509) 373-0886.

Enjoy ....

        * Robert M. Loesch                                   *
        * DOELAP Administrator     U.S. Department of Energy *
        *                          EH-411, GTN, 270 CC       *
        * (301) 903-4443   voice   Washington, DC  20585     *
        * (301) 903-7773   fax                               *
        *           email: loesch@viper.eh.doe.gov           *
           Random number generation is too important a task
                      to be left to chance!