Beta doses on skin

Hello, Radsafers:

Happy New Year to all!

Regarding the question on beta dose calculations from N. Montgomery, also
try the table in Shapiro, Third Edition, Page 13.  We used this for
calculating C14 dose in a reportable incident, and NRC approved this
method.  Our problem was that it was a hand contact situation, and
determining how much gets through to basal cells was a concern, along with
the usual dose calculation concerns.

We have found this table very handy.

Good luck!

Regards,

Kristin

All comments herein contained are my own opinions and/or experiences and
are not necessarily those of my employer or institution.

Kristin Erickson, Radiation Safety Officer
Office of Radiation, Chemical and Biological Safety
C124 Research Complex-Eng.
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan 48824
Telephone: (517) 355-5008   Fax: (517)353-4871   Email: 10525kfb@msu.edu