Re: Leak Testing

Sorry you got cited on such minutia.  I'v been through about 40 NRC
inspections  and the month of policy has always applied.  Like my
car.  I get it inspected anually in the month of September, not 364
days since the last inspection.

It's amazing, the founders of the country strongly believed in an
enlightened form of reason.  It is the fundamental basis for many
of the statements written into the constitution.  Now petty
bureaucrates armed with a book full of insignificant deadlines can
go around intimidating us all as though things like 6 month leak
test deadline were life and death issues.  Why 6 months, why not 4
or 12 or 36.  Who picked this majic number and what does it really
mean.

Sure, sources should be leak test at some reasonable frequency,
emphasis on reasonable, and we do need law and order, but do we
need to wallow in regulations.  I hope not.  Maybe change is in the
air.  There seems to be a lot of people questioning the need for
all of this and notations like this, were reasonable people would
agree that the regulatory is being unreasonable serve as fuel for
the fire.

Dean W. Broga, Ph.D.
Director, Environmental Health & Safety
Medical College of Virginia Campus