Texas Position Opening

I don't have the final official position description, but I'm
going to be out of town next week and I want to get this posted.

POSTING NUMBER: 95-TDH-0656    Submit Appl to: Texas Dept of Health
Close Date    : 01/30/95                       1100 W. 49th Street
Salary        : $3,430/month                   Austin, Texas  78756
                                                 (fax) 512-458-7409

Position: Program Chief, Medical & Academic Program, Licensing Branch,
Bureau of Radiation Control, Texas Department of Health (e.g.,
Agreement State Regulatory Program for Texas; Located in Austin)

Contact Person (Reports to): Wesley M. Dunn, CHP, Administrator,
Licensing Branch, Division of Licensing, Registration & Standards
(512)834- 6688

Job Description: Supervises the review of applications and reviews
applications for radioactive material licenses received from academic
and medical institutions, physicians, and nuclear pharmacies.
Evaluates teh safety of medical sealed sources and devices and
prepares a safety evaluation summary for distribution to other
Agreement States.  Assures that technical reviews of applications are
adequate to protect the health and safety of employees and the
general public.  Provides radiation safety information to staff
personnel, applicants, licensees and the general public as necessary.
 Keeps informed through formal short courses and independent study of
current regulations and health physics practices.  Performs
prelicensing inspections as appropriate.  Reviews and comments on
proposed changes in state and federal regulations.  Supervises two
professionals and one clerical staff member.  Assists in other Bureau
activities as needed.

NOTE: Texas requires all job applications to be on the proper
bureaucratic document.  Resumes are worthless.  The Posting
Number is all important.  Call Jackie Guthrie for application info
(512) 834-6688.

Other info: you can also contact me

Wes

512-834-6688
wdunn@brc1.tdh.texas gov

(Forgive the typos....I'm in a bit of a hurry at the moment)