Rad Waste Storage - Reply

On 16 January, Bob Boston wrote (in part):

>I would like to pick the brains of the members of this group to see
>what you would ask for if you were given unlimited funding (however
>unlikely) for your low level radioactive waste storage.

In addition to some of the other good ideas put forth, and not knowing
exactly what type (e.g., sealed source v lab waste) of materials will
be disposed of, I would make the following suggestion.  In the radwaste
side of the building, a waste compactor capable of handling 30 and 55
gallon drums would work nicely for volume reduction of solid lab radwaste.
A HEPA filter system in the compactor exhaust would also be nice.

Also, you might consider freezers if some of your clinical investigators
are working with rats or beagle dogs loaded with somewhat long lived
nuclides.

                                Have A Good Day
                                John E. Aperans, RRPT