Re: Revigorator

On Thu, 19 Jan 1995 12:32:10 -0500 JEW1%LRN%DCPP@bangate.pge.com
wrote:
The Revigorator was a device designed to instill radon emanations
through water as it was felt to be more healthful for the water.  The
stuff you are picking up is likely radon daughters and such.  I cannot
remember what the actual lining is but it was designed during the
period when radiation was a fad and it was felt to be beneficial to
drink water that had been exposed to this.  I have seen this device in
books but never in person.  Any dose rate on the outside of the jar?
If there is and it is significant, I would not recommend anyone use it
for anything.

Regards,
Peter J. Fundarek
University of Toronto
email:  p.fundarek@utoronto.ca
phone:  (416) 978-2374
fax:  (416) 971-1384

The views expressed are those of the author and may not necessarily
represent the views of the institution.