Re: Revigorator

Ian,

> In the 1920's and 30's(?) it was the done thing to visit an "Inhalarium"
> where you would experience the 'invigorating and revitalizing effects
> of Radium'. This was done by inhaling the gaseous daughter products of
> this most amazing of wonders. It was regarded as a bit of a cure-all at
> the time.       Oooops!
>
> Could the invigorator be a home brew version of this?

The Revigorator was for drinking water, not for inhaling. Radium decay allowed
radon to escape into the water over some hours, and to build up some radon
daughters.

You say "Oooops". Do you have some feel for the concentrations/doses from such
an appliance? I have not seen any data and I am curious. I am trying to
imagine whether the source could be strong enough to enable the
radon/daughters in the water to be equivalent to many naturally occurring
radium/radon well water sources, especially at some of the spa areas and other
high background areas. Scientific data and studies at these locations do not
indicate any adverse health effects, with some confirmations of positive
medical results from patients, at least short term. Do you have any data on
source/dose rate, or adverse effects from high natural sources? >

> Ian Macmillan.          | There are three sides to every story;
> E-mail address:         | yours, mine and the truth.
> mph437@biomed.abdn.ac.uk|

Thanks.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide