Training Videos

Good morning!  Our Public Safety Office (aka Security) has been showing its new
employees a video my office made many years ago about basic radiation safety.
It's outdated, too long and really not so sophisticated in production quality
as today's Public Safety Officer audiences might require.  Do you use or can
you recommend any commercially available radiation safety orientation videos
for ancillary personnel, security officers, emergency response personnel, etc.?
We would plan to use such a video as an adjunct to training specific to Prince-
ton.  Your help is appreciated.

In return, I can offer you my reaction to "The Invisible Partner", a 23 minute
video made for the Alcoa Technical Center, which addresses the use of radiation
producing machines but particularly analytical x-ray equipment.  I've just pre-
viewed it and found it well-done.  Of course, it contains segments specific to
Alcoa and it contains a segment on biological effects which I'd rather not use,
but, if Alcoa will allow me to use excerpts from it, we'll buy it and consider
that it will be a very useful addition to our x-ray training.  It particularly
addresses problems that arise when equipment is serviced, repaired or modified
or when interlocks are defeated.  You can call the International Centre for
Diffraction Data at (610)325-9810 for information about obtaining it for pre-
view.

Sue Dupre
Health Physicist/Princeton University