Re: Info on radium paint?

The exposure rate measured at 'contact' depends on a number of factors,
not the least of which are instrument related.  For example, size of the
detector determines where the effective center is, and hence the
magnitude of the measurement.  Similarly, detector wall thickness can
play a significant role.  Thus, the 1 mR/h measurement cited may or may
not be meaningful.  In my career I have run across radium dials and
switches which produced levels of several hundred mR/h and even several
R/h at an effective distance of 3-5 cm from the surface.  Hopefully,
these are now all out of public circulation.

But to the point:  would you be kind enough to give a little more
information on the instrument with the radium dial?  Would be interested
in knowing such things as what it is, who made it, and when.

Many thanks.

Ron Kathren