Re: Samarium-153 -Reply

>A question about dose rate constants came up in our group recently.
>
>Does anyone have an opinion on what the real value is (i.e. with
>an error bar somewhat less than a factor of two)?  Is there this much
>scatter in reported values for other low energy emitters?

The values I've been using are

Pd-103:   1293 mrem*cm^2/hr/mCi (provided by manufacturer)
 I-125:   1270 mrem*cm^2/hr/mCi (provided by manufacturer AND
                                 confirmed by measurement using a Bicron
                                 MicroRem/Low Energy survey meter calibrated
                                 using Cs-137 sources, and a 10 mCi point source
                                 purchased from Amersham)
 I-125:   1450 mR*cm^2/hr/mCi   (provided by manufacturer; I don't
                                 really use this number, but I keep it handy).
Albert Lee Vest    avest@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Health Physicist   Environmental Health and Safety
(614)292-0122            The Ohio State University
My employer did not review or approve this message.