Date: 02/12/95 10:13 PM
To: JOE KANE
From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 95 21:05:21 -0600
Sender: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
From: Tony Tweedale <esact@selway.umt.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Press Release by Browner defending EPA risk judgements

Louis H Iselin wrote:

> Nothing like favoring your science over everyone else's.

and

Russ <cmeyer@brc1.tdh.texas.gov> wrote:

> funding than health. Scare tactics have worked in the past.
> However, I would be interested in reviewing a copy of the proposed
> legislation, being curious and all.

you both fell off a cliff by assuming too much. browner's congressional
testimony centered on the explicit section of the bill that risk assessments
could be done by people employeed by the industry/company the regulation
is to regulate. saw it on cspan, apart from having read about it, and
this language of browner's was when she was talking about this requirement.
you radiation professionals are too comfortable in your own world [tho epa's
press release shouldn't have ommited the relevant fact (..come to think of
it, tho, i subscribe to epa-press listserv, and recall reading about the
d.i.y. risk assmts in the press release--did it get edited when posted to
radsafe?)]
tony tweedale            |TEMPERATE BUT ENDANGERED PLANET.
recycle missoula, inc.   |ENJOYS WEATHER, NORTHERN LIGHTS,
224 e. pine st (2)       |CONTINENTAL DRIFT. SEEKS CARING
missoula mt 59802-4541   |RELATIONSHIP WITH INTELLIGENT LIFE
tel.: 406-542-1709       |FORM. (Friends of the Earth)
internet: esact@selway.umt.edu