Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 15:57:00 +0000 (UT)
From: "S M Jerome, DRSA, ext 6204" <SMJ1@NEWTON.NPL.CO.UK>
Subject: Lead again
Sender: liste de distribution pour les RADIOCHIMISTEs
<RADCH-L@frcpn11.in2p3.fr> To: Multiple recipients of list RADCH-L
<RADCH-L@frcpn11.in2p3.fr> Reply-to: liste de distribution pour les
RADIOCHIMISTEs  <RADCH-L@frcpn11.in2p3.fr>,

 "S M Jerome, DRSA, ext 6204" <SMJ1@NEWTON.NPL.CO.UK>

Further to previous message (see below), I forgot to mention that we
currently hold ca. 12 tonnes of the low background lead.
Sorry for any confusion.
Simon Jerome

Copy*************:*****************************
From:   NEWTON::SMJ1         "S M Jerome, DRSA, ext 6204" 15-FEB-1995
12:04:00.7 9

To:     SMTP%"radch-l@frcpn11.in2p3.fr"
CC:     SMJ1
Subj:   Low background lead

NPL is disposing of some low background lead!
It came (originally) from the roof of Hampton Court Palace and was
therefore refined ca. 400 years ago. The Pb-210 content has been
measured at 10 Bq/kg; the Radium, Uranium and Thorium levels are not
known, but are expected to be at similar values.
At present it is in the form of ingots, weight 24 kg. NPL is closing
it's lead store and ;the material is available at a cost of #300/tonne;
(current UK value of scrap lead) you must arrange your own transpost
from the NPL lead store to your site.
It will be supplied on a first come - first served basis.
Unless this material is used by the radiochemical community, it will go
for disposal as scrap - which would be a shame.
Contact me if you are interested!
Simon Jerome
NPL