Cross sections and NORM -Reply

Bruce Busby wrote:

>I need some current references for D-D and D-T cross sections, and
>also for values for Evironmental Radioactivity. I mainly interested
>in soil concentrations in the US South,

Brookhaven maintains cross section info that is on-line accessible.
The address is telnet BNLND2.DNE.BNL.GOV  Sign on with the username
"NNDC" then "guest" I believe the target will have to be specified as
H-2 or H-2-G and the projectile as D or T . This might not work but
its worth a shot.

Also, for what its worth, you can get decay data with a colored chart
of the nuclides at http://hpngp01.kaeri.re.kr/CoN/index.html

Soil concentrations in the south will vary a fair bit. Fallback
concentratons are 1 pC/g of the uranium and thorium series and 15
pCi/g for K-40. For published numbers you can look up the background
data in annual environmental reports for southern nuclear facilities.
If you send your mailing address I'll get you reported data for
Florida and Oak Ridge.

Paul Frame
Oak Ridge Associated Universities.