RE: Rumbles

>Maybe that noise is the sound of the digging in of heels as we in
>the environmental community try to drag you into the 20th century
>where the public has some say in what kind of risks and
>regulations are appropriate.

	I'm part of that public, and consider myself an environmentalist,
	but I find that the public in general is often woefully equipped
	to evaluate risks, especially considering the type of coverage risks
	get in the news and the foodstore tabloids.

	As an end result, the only public reactions I ever see are

	1/ We GOTTA do it, no matter how much it costs...   or

	2/ NIMBY.